As soon as I feel I’m getting a cold I take action immediately.
I’m not a big fan of swallowing pills and rather let mother Nature do her magic. To get rid of a cold quickly I fill my fridge with lemons & ginger.
Every day in the morning, right after I get up for about 1-2 weeks I drink a glass of warm water with half of a squeezed lemon.
It gives you that vitamin C boost, puts a glow on your face, flushes out toxins, aids the digestive system and burns calories.
Since summer is on the way and we all want to have a svelte figure and a healthy, natural glow on our face.
I make sure to eat a colorful salad at least twice a week.
Quick, easy to make, all options are open.
Make sure you have some of the following ingredients in your house.
You can mix up whatever you feel like at this very moment and start building your very own power salad.
Ingredients I used (picture)
- young fresh spinach
- red cabbage
- goat cheese (honey goat cheese), unless you’re going for a vegan salad
- walnuts (or mixed crushed nuts)
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- half a squeezed lemon
- salt & pepper
Cut everything in little pieces, add the toppings and mix it up. Finish everything with freshly squeezed lemon juice, let it sit for 1-2 minutes and serve for lunch, dinner or as an appetizer.
Bon appetite !
For other variations you can add a handful of the following ingredients:
- fresh little apple/pear/mango pieces
- all kind of fresh nuts (make sure there are not covered with too much salt/oil)
- croutons (easy to make them yourself)
- chia/flax/sesame seeds
- fresh berries
- veggie chicken/veggie beef/tofu/tempeh/
- egg (boiled, poached, all kinds)
- crunchy vegan bacon
- mixed salad/cabbage/tomatoes
Here are some more benefits of lemon & warm water.
Tell me… How was your salad?