Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
My Thoughts on Simplicity
I’m a fan of simple and simplicity.
When I open my suitcase or walk to my closet to pick out clothes for the day, buying basic ingredients to cook with, when I travel abroad I always try to visit locals hotspots because that’s where the soul is and by putting make up on.
Sometimes I have to look backward to find simplicity. I can’t always find simple up front, but sometimes when I look back, it was there all along, either hidden among the chaos, or I just didn’t have the right lens. The most important thing I’ve learned about simplicity is that simplicity wins in the long run. Simple is stickier than complexity, and it survives. I think nature teaches us that, and we learn it time and again in work and in life.
Here are my Top 9 Quotes on Simplicity
1. “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
2. “Buy less, choose well.” – Vivienne Westwood
3. “I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” — Lao Tzu
4. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” — Robert Brault
5. “I believe we would be happier to have a personal revolution in our individual lives and go back to simpler living and more direct thinking. It is the simple things of life that make living worthwhile, the sweet fundamental things such as love and duty, work and rest, and living close to nature.” — Laura Ingalls Wilder
6. “I don’t need a lot of money. Simplicity is the answer for me.” — Linda McCartney
7. “I have a simple philosophy. Fill what’s empty. Empty what’s full. And scratch where it itches.” — Alice Roosevelt Longworth
8. “Anything simple always interests me.” — David Hockney
9. “Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity.” – Plato
Which quote do you feel connected to or do you have a quote I can learn from?
Let me know in a comment: